28 Apr 2011

Time table isn't working

So...still haven't got those prints done. Went into uni at half 8 in the hope that I could get into the computer room to prepare some images for Chris, or to get into the print room if it opened at 9 (like it has over the holidays). But both rooms were closed. I finally managed to get onto a mac in the library. We had to prepare and size, 12 images for Chris Aron, who is going to put everyone's work onto an ipad. I think it's for the London show..? Not sure, but its so people who come can look through a sample of everyone's work. I only had 3/4 of an hour to do this before my work in progress began though. (During which we were told that this isn't the final deadline for the 12 images. We can actually change them at a later date. This is good, because I'd like to include my prints, when they are dry and i have more. It's also annoying because I really needed to be in the print room instead).


Work in progress-
Not much feed back to talk about here, I think all the tutors liked the look of my prints. The prints were all I showed them, as they have seen my sketchbook work already. Seem to be going in the right direction as no suggestions or ideas of changes were brought up. Oh, we had to say what we were thinking of including in our show ie. frames. Derek said he'd been considering my use of black frames. The tutors agree that black frames would work well with my theme. However they too are wondering if the black will detract from my work. I'm going to try to buy a white one next week to try it out. The actual work in progress wasn't too useful for me, it felt like I was just repeating what I'm doing for the benefit of the other third years. The other tutors have seen what I'm doing and I've talked to Derek and the print technicians about my work and its presentation often. It was 2 hours and 30 minutes long as well! was itching to get into into the print room. I did get a few questions answered by Derek though. I'v been thinking about my dress idea. I'm wondering if I'll actually be able to photogramme it in the style of the 'Memory Keeper's daughter'. The only way i know of doing this is by using the light box. The boxes are about A4 size? Even if I go for a child size dress, it may be too big to fit on the box. Don't know it it will still work. Derek said that i could probably get the photo paper on a large sheet. I'll have to talk to Rosie from photography.


Print room-
:( Still no prints! lost quite a bit of time today. I've aquatinted my plate and I've completely stopped it out. When I took off the varnish and revealed my new plate, I was a bit worried. The acid had bitten into the plate quite a lot. My plate looked different to the first one. It was really dark from the varnish that was trapped in the deep grooves. it also looked quite smudged, and like it would print smudged too. I wanted to to get a print done before the weekend so I wasn't worrying whether it would work or not. Took ages to too clean properly though. Charles helped me. He thinks its fine. I love Charles. Want to get my next plate ready by Tuesday night at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment