12 Apr 2011

Shadow Catchers V&A exhibition

Finally I've found the images of the dress that Derek was telling me about a few weeks ago, it was hard to track down because I didn't have the official title of the exhibition. It looks so interesting! This would really suit the mood of my project. Hope I can still get round to doing it as well as the etchings!





Christening Robe from the series, My Ghost 1997, by Adam Fuss

In the first exhibition of its kind, the V&A presents the work of five camera-less photographers creating photographs without cameras.
The pictures are produced using basic light and scientific techniques that are used to capture the images.


As soon as I saw these images, i was reminded of a book i read two years ago,  called 'The memory keepers daughter' by Kim Edwards.
(EDWARDS, K., 2007. The Memory Keeper’s Daughter. Great Britain: Penguin.) I don't remember the plot of the story, but I do remember liking this image at the time. It must of made an impression on me to have thought of it now, especially over the plot.


It says on the back cover: 
'Cover photography: Dress: Liz Magic Laser
snow: Roy Metha/ Getty Images

Did a quick google search on her, but cant find any other versions of the dress. I did find an image of just the dress on its own however, at this site,




No comments:

Post a Comment