27 Apr 2011

Phhh. Stayed in the print room till 8pm today! And im already behind on my new schedule. Ha! Was suppose to have aquatinted and stoped out my new plate by the end of today to print tomorrow, maybe even printed one already. But I've only got one tone ready on the plate. This was because Charles encouraged me to get one more print of my plate before changing it with the aquatint, incase it went wrong. He also suggested, diluting the current acid i've been using to help to control the tones better. Therefore, i had to make up a small etching plate, aquatint it, and print out different tones- stopping out after 10 secs 3 times, then 20 secs, 30 secs and so on to 120 secs. I now have a new guid on tones to refer to the new acid mix.



(My workings out for my aquatint tones and acid timings)


 Such a long day! Planning on going in extra early tomorrow to try catch up. Got a work in progress tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment