6 Apr 2011

Sunny sunny happy day

Got to work outside in the sun today. Lovely. 

(Finding the toe, below.)
I think this image and it's high use of light and shadow is an interesting composition.


Below, I was sketching amputee women to relate to the step sisters having their feet cut off by their own mother so that they can have a chance a marrying a prince, and the idea of cut off parts of a women so that they 'fit' into societies ideal. I also tried to include background pieces that would help to suggest the stories scene. I like the colour and tone of the ink here. The colour still helps to make the image look dark and moody, like the blue ink does, but it also relates to this bloody, gory part of the story. I gain like how there's a lot to look at, like Verhoeven's imagery.



Another version for the 'shoe fitting'. The version that I used for my etching, wasn't suppose to be a final image, it was just a sketchbook piece that I thought could work well  to test the etching of the wallpaper. So I thought I'd try to adapt this image, see what works best. But I actually quite like the etched image, although the drawing doesn't particularly show off my drawing skills, it seems to work and adds to its strange, uneasiness.


Girls as living dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment