19 Mar 2011

Fridays lecture with Graham Rawle was so good. His work isn't like my own style, but i really liked his way of thinking, how he made his work unique. He also has really made me consider using text within my own work.



(Rawle's use of text within his book, 'Womans World')


After the lecture, we had a talk about our London show...still got alot of money to raise Kim reckons at least £2,000! Eeek! So weve got alot more planning to do- more cakes, art and booze events to set up!


Finally manage to print my etching!



inked up plate


left to right, attempt one to three




Think the last try was the most successful. This is because I got the amount of ink left on the plate before printing right (the first attempt had too much ink), and I had applied the powder to the edge of the plate evenly before printing, meaning I had a neater edge when I printed. I also think the green ink was more suitable. It seems to help create a more sinister atmosphere, where as the blue print is too bright. The green also symbolises jealously so it relates to the image more effectively. Although I don't think I'm too impressed by this. I know the drawings not too good (crazy left eye especially!), but think maybe for the amount of time its taken me to print this, I'm hoping for something better? Guess it is my first one though. Think I will take a look at more etching examples before I choose another image to do. Oh yeah, was also put off of doing this on Friday evening. Charles was helping me to choose another image for me to use from my sketchbook, but I got the impression he didn't think etching would work for me as well as Pete did?! Panic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment