29 Mar 2011

Degree show presentation slide show

Jonny showed us some photos of previous illustration shows, and how the students presented their work. Ideas that I thought of during this time was to use many frames of different sizes hung closely together but at different levels. Some of the frames will hold my images, and some frames will hold a print of some wall paper I have. This can symbolise the type of interior that can be found within Ashputtle's rich fathers house. I was also thinking I could paint my image of a grand fireplace onto my wall space and then hang my images above it as if they are happy family portraits....?

We also had today and then Thurs to hand in two images on a CD to Louise to put into our catalogue. I wanted to get it out of the way today, but I wanted Louise to check through my choice of images. She was obviously busy today and I didn't get to see her till the end of the day. I decided that I will use my lilly image and my 'lion with a monocle' image. But (and here's proof that I'm not a very technical person,) my colours weren't set to the right kind of setting or something, meaning that when I went to print them or put them into the catalogue, the colours would change and be a lot duller...? And I could rectify this with Louise, as i needed the original scans of my two images to create them again. :( I've now scanned in these images again, and Louise said she can help me finish them on Thursday.

Been in the print room all day. I've been preparing some etching plates, ready to etch onto over the Easter holidays if I need to. The problem is, I don't Know what size my etching will be yet as I haven't got final compositions. But I've cut down 4 large plates, probably the size of A3 and two plates around half the size of this. I want to produce at least 4 etchings for final pieces. Jon the technician told me that if these plates end up being too large and my image doesn't fill the whole space of a plate, I can then go back and cut down the plate some more, after I've etched onto it. He also told me that I can get large sheets of carbon paper from staples. This means that I can transfer a design that I'm happy with straight onto my plate. Good news! I've filled down all sides of my plates. So I'm back into the print room tomorrow to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment