30 Mar 2011

Print room...again!

Another print room day today. Finished putting ground onto my plates and varnished all the sides to stop the acid from biting into the edges. This took quite a while but I'm glad its all done now.



While I was waiting for things to heat up and other things to dry when preparing my plates, I tried a few other things. 


Firstly, I made up some backgrounds that I could use in photoshop for some of my images. Remember me saying that I could drop a background colour behind like I did for my lilly images that I'm using for my portfolio? Well I thought a textured background would be more interesting. These examples below also remind me of water marks and drops which relates to my project.



(I've mono printed some fish into this one above)














And here's another 'shoe fitting' idea that I might like to use as a final.




Derek seemed to quite like this one. He liked how the legs were left without detail, the chair was detailed in parts, and then unfinished in others, but that you could still understand its form (i like this about it also) and he thought it was very suggestive and atmospheric which is good :). He also saw the recent unfinished image i've done with the background inspired by Verhoeven's way of working. He said it reminded him of a magazine image of layered drawing of shoes that he's seen. He's going to bring it in for me tomorrow...It's photo day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment