4 May 2011

Not a great amount done today, wanted to get my third design onto my plate by last night ready to start printing it today. This did not happen due to having an uninvited mouse in my room and such other things. I did start the plate last night, but it got too late and I was too tired to finish it. Completed my plate this morning, but on a Wednesday, the print room closes at lunch for an hour, so couldn't get in till 2pm and then it was closed at 4. Did get couple of prints though and I'm pleased with it. Looking good so far. 


(This is just a section of the print. The prints too big for the A3 scanners)


John Catell was concerned that I had etched parts too deeply, like the silhouette images. I shouldn't have completely scratched it out, I should have just drawn an outline and shaded this with my darkest tone when I came to aquatinting. John didn't think the silhouettes would hold the ink and therefore wouldn't print. But all seems ok. The silhouettes have turned out a bit bubbly, looks like this is due to the acid, but its not very noticeable and looks a bit like scales, I quite like this. Adds to the weirdness. Spent some time in the Mac room after four, working on some images for the ipad and my portfolio.

Its the fundraiser tonight at Lennons! Gotta get baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment