3 May 2011

Changes

My aquatinted plate of the girl holding a fish is fine!! Few! 




(Just sections of the print, doesn't quite fit in the scanner).

Had a bad feeling I messed it up, but it looks good, and in keeping with the first one. I wasn't totally sure if they would have similar tones due to diluting the acid. No smudges either. But a scratch across the girls face does show on some of the prints, but thought the overall outcome would be much worse. Now to get my 3rd image onto another plate.

Had a tutorial with Pete, he thinks I should scrap the idea of using the small fancy frames- he thinks four good etching prints is enough for a show and anything else is a bonus. Ill still keep them for now though, in-case things change.

Change: Pete happened to have one of the ikea frames i wanted to get. But realised, annoyingly, that my prints will fit the frame, but only if i tear down the paper. Dont really want to do this because the space left around my images looks quite nice as it is. So... went back to ikea looking for a bigger frame. Brought a 70cm x 100cm one. Carried it back to uni. Too big. Typical! Again, I could get away with using this, but would prefer to get a better fit. Ikea dont do a frame in between these two sizes. Suggestions were to go to habitat and see if they have one availiable, 'else i will have to ask habbitat to make one up especially. Apparently this could cost up to £80 per frame! Ut oh!



No comments:

Post a Comment