13 May 2011

3 down...

Cleaning of the varnish and the aquatint with white spirit.


 After I inked up the plate and removed the excess.












Print  of the plate.



Turned out better than I thought it would. I seem to say this about all of them! I think I've captured the light and the uneasy feeling it gives well. I am annoyed that the top frame (with the male figure inside) gets a bit lost. This is because I've made the aquatint print really dark towards the top of the plate. It doesn't ruin the print to have it like this, just would prefer it if it was slightly more visible. I'll try a few more prints and try to wipe off more ink in this area. I do however like how the frames below this one have worked. They're slightly hidden by the aquatint tone. They are not really obvious and more mysterious. I like how its not the first thing you see. Like when you look at an image, and might notice something new the second time you see it. I'm also glad that the light around the candle has worked ok. I haven't had any practise at painting candle light. And using varnish to paint it made it harder to make it believable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment