16 Feb 2011

Portfolio talk with Johnny

Quite pleased with this tutorial. A tutorial is where you have a set time to meet with a tutor, or when you choose a tutor you would specifically like to meet with. You then present your work to the tutor to discus the work and talk about what to do next. (Tutorial are usually based on the progress of your FMP work, but this was a 'portfolio' tutorial and so was to discus the progress of my portfolio images specifically). The summary was basically that I have lots of work available to use in my portfolio. I can simply copy whole pages from my recent sketch book in most cases. I may like to consider placement of images ie. a double page spread, (Jonny suggested I use an existing image of shoes for this page) one image on a page or three or four images on one page. Jonny suggested I bring in some images on a memory stick on Friday so that he can kindly show me a few tricks on photoshop to tidy up existing images from my sketchbooks. He also said that he would show me how to make basic Penguin book cover samples to include within my portfolio. He said that he can visualise some of my images as book covers and that it would be nice to show a process through my images and show how my images can be used. It would also be a good idea to do this so that my portfolio has consciously finished pieces as well as sketchbook pieces that, in the end seemed to work well.
Hopefully I can have this portfolio ready to use for my teaching interview also.




Jonny brought in examples of good portfolios for us to look at...


He also suggested good places to buy portfolios.

No comments:

Post a Comment