22 Feb 2011

My Cards :)





My sample cards arrived today! Very cute and looking good! I went ahead and ordered the proper pack of 50 cards last Friday as I didn't want too risk a late arrival, so they should be here tomorrow too! As well as touching up the images and preparing my cards, last week I made testers of the packaging of the cards. I think I'm guna have to decide between the stitched envelopes and the silk screen, frame package.




Stitched envelope






Screen printed frame package




For the envelopes I think colour could be needed. I'm thinking of using pink, probably blue, envelopes and using coloured thread to stitch with. The envelope that I have is a white envelope that I already had from a card making kit. I think coloured envelopes will be more eye-catching and individual. I was tempted to stitch the other four envelopes, but I think I will wait to hear Derek's opinion first. I have a self promo work in progress with him this Friday. 



If however I decide to use the silk screen frame, I will print this onto better quality card. Oh and buying new a new ink cartridge will be useful too!

I also had another meeting with Jonny on Friday about my portfolio and tricks on photoshop. It was really helpful and the mock up book cover looked good too. I made sure I made plenty of notes while he was talking, but when I tried to edit pictures on my own, I had a bit of trouble. The problems were with 'layers' and when I copied an image onto a blank page, well it was huge and I couldn't get it to change. So think I will have to have another go at it this week.

Finally, I finished some simple ink drawings of buttons which I  was thinking of using within my website and this blog. I also made a stitched title of my name which will hopefully be appearing at the top of this blog shortly.


...Now, back to work! I keep getting a little worried that I haven't actually started drawing for my FMP yet....but I know what I want to draw, how I want to draw it, I've got good background research, and I think I know what direction I want my project to go in. I should be ready to start sketching later today or tomorrow. I just have to get all these smaller things out of the way first. This is the way I like to work, I'm quite organised and I don't like leaving something unfinished before I move on too much. So I just have to keep telling myself, its OK :).

No comments:

Post a Comment